- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 5 ounce package baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro
- 3/4 cup red onion, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or liquid sweetener)
- 3/4 tsp sea salt and ground pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Sliced fresh tomatoes
Cook rice according to package.
In a food processor, add the spinach and cilantro and pulse until chopped very small. Add the processed spinach and cilantro, chickpeas, and chopped onion into a large bowl and stir.
In a small jar, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, maple syrup, and salt.
Pour the dressing on top of the chickpea mixture and stir well. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
Top brown rice with tomato slices and the chickpea mixture and serve.
Sourced from Oh She Glows blog.