- 10 ounces fusilli pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium ears corn, kernels removed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- salt and red pepper flakes, to taste
Cook pasta according to package, drain, rinse with cold water and add to a large bowl.
Add olive oil to a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about 2 minutes, until it starts to soften. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add in both peppers and corn. Continue to cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, until the peppers are crisp tender. Remove from the heat and add to the bowl with the pasta, along with the basil and pine nuts. Toss to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Pour into the bowl with the pasta and toss to combine. Season with additional salt and red pepper flakes as needed. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator.
Sourced from Oh My Veggies blog.