- 2 large portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 box of mixed greens
- 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup of walnuts, toasted
- 1 recipe of Balsamic Vinaigrette
Remove mushroom stems, scrape out the gills, rinse, pat dry, and slice.
Combine mushrooms, onion, and enough vinaigrette to coat and toss. Marinate for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Add oil of your choice to a pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onions, cooking for about 5- 10 minutes until onions are caramelized.
For each salad, place a few handfuls of mixed greens in a bowl and top with half of the pear, avocado, walnuts, and grilled mushrooms and onions. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette and serve.
Sourced from: Liddon, Angela. “Walnut, avocado & pear salad with marinated portobello caps & red onion.” The Oh She Glows Cookbook.