- 8 ounces udon noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 scallions trimmed and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- pinch cayenne
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- sea salt, to taste
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add mushrooms and scallions and let cook until mushrooms are soft and lightly browned. Add garlic, ginger, jalapeño, and cayenne; let cook for a few more minutes.
Add the broth and bring to a boil. Then add the noodles and boil for about 10 minutes.
Turn off the heat, stir in the vinegar and sesame oil. Season to taste with salt and serve.