- 5 pounds of roma (or other) tomatoes, washed and sliced in half
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and sliced
- 2- 3 large garlic bulbs, prepared for roasting
- olive oil, salt, pepper for roasting vegetables
- 1 can of light coconut milk
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic croutons for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with tin foil and grab a casserole dish for the garlic. Place the onions on one baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the cut tomatoes on the other baking sheet. To prepare the garlic, peel off the excess skin and cut off the head of the garlic so each clove is slightly exposed. Place each head in a piece of tin foil, drizzle with olive oil, and seal.
Put the onions, tomatoes, and garlic bulbs in the preheated oven. After about 30 minutes or when they start to brown, take the onions out. Continue roasting the garlic and tomatoes.
After about another 15- 20 minutes, take out the garlic bulbs and continue roasting the tomatoes.
After about another 30- 40 minutes, take out the tomatoes.
In a large pot, combine the tomatoes, onions, garlic mash (to get the flesh of the garlic from the skin, gently squeeze each clove until the inside pushes out), coconut milk, and tomato paste.
Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until all ingredients are combined. Slowly add the curry, salt, and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 5- 10 minutes.
Serve garnished with garlic croutons.
Sourced from: Oh She Glows. “Creamy roasted tomato, garlic, & onion coconut soup.”