Serves 6- 8 | 30 minute prep | 45 minute cook
Basil Cashew Cheese
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- black pepper to taste
- Box of lasagna noodles
- olive oil for sautéing
- 1 1/2 bottles of pasta sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 large handful of spinach
- daiya cheese (as much as desired)
To make the basil cashew cheese, drain and rinse the soaked cashews. Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook lasagna noodles according to package.
Meanwhile, add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat, then add the onion and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes. Now add the rest of the vegetables and sauté for another 10- 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Add 1 cup of pasta sauce to the bottom of a large casserole dish. Add a layer of noodles, half the basil cheese sauce, half the vegetables, more pasta sauce, another layer of noodles, the rest of the cheese sauce, the rest of the vegetables, more pasta sauce, and finally a sprinkle of the daiya cheese.
Cover with tinfoil and prick with a fork a few times. Bake at 350 for 40- 45 minutes and then remove the foil and broil for about 5 minutes.
Sourced from: Oh She Glows