Serves 4 | 25 minute prep | 25 minute cook
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 green chile or jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 medium yellow potatoes or 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons mild yellow curry powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peas
- basmati rice cooked with part coconut milk, for serving
- fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
- toasted cashews, for serving
In a blender, combine the cashews with 3/4 cup water and blend until smooth. Set aside.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and sauté for about 5 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Stir in the chile or jalapeño, potatoes, carrots, bell pepper, tomato, curry powder, and salt. Sauté for 5 minutes more.
Stir in the cashew cream and peas. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the skillet with a lid. Simmer, covered, over medium heat for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Stir every 5 minutes throughout the cooking process. If the mixture starts to dry out, reduce the heat and add a little water or oil and stir to combine.
Serve the curry over a bed of basmati rice and sprinkle with cilantro and toasted cashews.
Sourced from: Liddon, Angela. “Creamy Vegetable Curry.” Oh She Glows.