- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt, to taste
- 3/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
With an electric beater, beat together the coconut oil and almond butter. Add the cocoa powder and beat again until combined.
Pour in the maple syrup (or agave), vanilla, and salt and beat until smooth. Stir in the walnuts.
Line a pan with a piece of parchment paper. Scoop the chocolate mixture into the pan and spread out until even. Freeze uncovered for about 1 hour, or until sold. Slice into small squares and serve.
Sourced from: Liddon, Angela. “Seductive Raw Chocolate Walnut Fudge.” Oh She Glows.
Serves 4 | 30 minute cook | 30 minute prep
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups diced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- vegan sour cream (recipe in the post “Fiesta Potato Crisps”)
- chopped green onions
- fresh cilantro
In a large pot, sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and stir.
Add the jalapeño, celery, and bell pepper and sauté for another 5-7 minutes, until softened.
Add the can of diced tomatoes (with the juice), broth, and tomato paste. Stir to combine. Increase heat to medium-high.
Add the drained and rinsed beans, along with the chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, cayenne, and hot sauce. Simmer the mixture until thickened, about 10- 15 minutes and adjust seasonings to taste if necessary.
Serve with vegan sour cream, green onions, cilantro leaves, and avocado if desired.
Sourced from: Liddon, Angela. Oh She Glows.