Serves 2 | 20 minute prep | 30 minute cook
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sprouts
- Orange Miso Dressing
- 3 tablespoons light miso
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the sweet potato rounds on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle them with the oil, rubbing it on both sides to coat. Sprinkle the sweet potatoes with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, then flip the potatoes and roast for 8 to 10 minutes more, until tender and lightly browned.
Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to package, replacing a 1/2 cup of the liquid with the vegetable broth.
Combine all Orange Miso Dressing ingredients in processor and blend until smooth, set aside.
To assemble, divide the quinoa evenly between 2 bowls. Top with the roasted sweet potato rounds, the edamame, carrots, green onion, cilantro, sesame seeds, and sprouts. Drizzle with Orange Miso Dressing and serve.
Sourced from: Liddon, Angela. “Enlightened Miso Power Bowl.” The Oh She Glows Cookbook.