30 minute prep | 20 minute cook
- 4 to 6 large portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoons grapessed oil, olive oil, or coconut oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 to 6 tortillas
- Sliced avocado
- Hot sauce
- Shredded lettuce
Remove the stems from the portobello mushrooms and discard. With a small spoon, scrape out and discard the inside black gills from the mushroom caps. Remove debris from the mushrooms and slice them into long, 1/2 inch, strips.
In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Add the sliced mushrooms and toss well to coat. Let the mushrooms marinate for 20 to 30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the bell peppers and onion and sauté over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
Preheat a grill pan over medium or high heat. Lay the marinate mushrooms on the pan and grill them for 3 to 5 minutes per side.
To assemble, place a tortilla on a plate and top with some of the grilled portobello strips, sautéed vegetables, and your desired toppings.
Sourced from: Liddon, Angela. “Portobello ‘Steak’ Fajitas.” The Oh She Glows Cookbook.