Serves 4- 6 | 20 minute prep/cook
- 1 cup cashews (soaked over night)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups macaroni noodles
- 1- 3 tablespoons vegetable stock, divided
- 1 red pepper, ribs removed, seeded and diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- any additional vegetables you would like to add (optional)
- freshly ground pepper to taste
Rinse the pre-soaked cashews and blend with the lemon juice, water, nutritional yeast, garlic, and sea salt until smooth and set aside.
Cook macaroni according to package. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable stock and add the red pepper. Cook for about 7 minutes, then add the broccoli, remaining vegetable stock and other veggies (if using). Cook until vegetables are at your desired doneness.
Combine the noodles, veggies, and sauce in skillet and cook over medium heat until heated through.
Sourced from: Campbell, Leanne. “Creamy Broccoli & Red Pepper Macaroni.” The China Study All Star Collection.