Serves 4- 6 | 20 minute cook/prep
- 16 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 large carrot, cut in thin strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (if you use regular peanut butter, reduce the agave to 1 tablespoon)
- 1/4 cup light tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons agave
- green onions, sliced (optional)
- crushed peanuts (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
Cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside.
In a large pot, add the vegetable broth, onions, peppers, broccoli, and carrot. Cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked a little over halfway to your desired doneness. Turn off the heat.
Stir the pasta, basil and sesame seeds into the vegetables.
In a separate, small saucepan, add peanut butter, tamari, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, and agave. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is smooth. Pour over the noodles.
Mix and serve. Garnish with green onions, peanuts and salt/pepper to taste.
Sourced from: Campbell, Leanne. “Nutty Noodles with Vegetables.” China Study Cookbook.