Serves 2- 4 | 30 minute prep/cook
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1- 2 tablespoons evaporated cane sugar (depending on your sweet tooth)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ (optional)
- 1 cup almond or soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons canola (or similar) oil
- coconut oil for cooking
In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients. In a separate small bowl combine the wet ingredients. Slowly whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until smooth, adding more milk to get to desired consistency.
Heat coconut oil over medium heat. Cook until the batter starts to bubble in the middle and flip. Cook until each side is golden brown.
Optional toppings include:
- Earth Balance butter
- fruit of your choice
- granola– we used our neighbor’s homemade orange and coconut granola. You can order yours by visiting Lagrano Granola.
- grade A organic maple syrup
Original MealGoodFeelGood recipe