Serves 6-8 | 20 minute prep | 13- 15 minute bake
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup almond or soy milk
- 1/2 cup canola (or similar) oil
- 1/2 cup packing light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cornstarch. Mix well. In another medium bowl, combine the milk, oil, both sugars and vanilla extract. Mix well.
With a whisk, combine the dry and wet ingredients. Mix until well combined. (It will be thick.) Add the chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour the batter into an 8 inch round, non stick or lightly oiled, cake pan.
Bake for 13- 15 minutes. (Bake more if you’re looking for a cake-like consistency, less for a fudge-like consistency.)
Inspired by: Barnouin, Kim. “White Chocolate Chip Cookies.” Skinny Bitch: Ultimate Everyday Cookbook.