Serves 2- 4 | 15 minute prep/cook
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed (or similar) oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 can black beans, drained but not rinsed
- 3 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- Earth Balance margarine (optional)
Start cooking the rice according to package.
When the rice is almost done, heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion, cooking until golden brown.
Add the cumin, coriander, red pepper flakes and oregano. Sauté for a minute or two, careful not to burn the seasonings.
Add the beans, tamari and worcestershire sauce. Simmer on low until the rice is done.
Add the peas, carrots and corn for a minute or until defrosted.
Add the rice to the pan. Then add earth balance to taste (optional).
Sourced from: Ulm, Lauren. “Rainbow Rice and Beans.” Vegan Yum Yum.