Serves 2- 4 | 25 minute cook/prep
- 3/4 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock (or more if needed)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 2 cups zucchini, cubed
- crushed red pepper to taste
- 1 8 ounce can diced pineapple (in juice)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons mild yellow curry powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
Cook the brown rice according to the package.
Add an 1/8 cup of vegetable broth to a skillet. Set aside some dark green onion slices for garnish, then add the rest of the green onions, ginger and garlic to the vegetable broth. Cook on medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until the ingredients are fragrant.
Add the cauliflower to the skillet (and more vegetable broth if needed). Cook for another 2 or 3 minutes.
Add the red bell pepper and crushed red pepper and sauté for another 2 or 3 minutes, adding vegetable broth if needed.
Add the pineapple with juice and the zucchini, stirring to combine. Cook for another 2 or 3 minutes, until the vegetables are nearing your desired doneness.
Whisk the curry powder into the coconut milk and then pour it into the skillet. Stir to combine and cook for about 30 seconds.
Add the basil and soy sauce. Taste and add more soy sauce or crushed red pepper if needed.
Serve on top of brown rice, garnished with green onions.
Sourced from: Campbell, Leanne. “Thai Pineapple Curry.” The China Study All- Star Collection.