Serves 2- 4
- 1/2 large eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or water, for sautéing
- 1 medium red onions, sliced
- 1- 2 medium zucchini squash, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 can (15 oz) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (15 oz) white beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Steam eggplant for 10 minutes until soft but not mushy. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan. Add onions and cook until softened. Add zucchini and bell peppers and cook for 5 minutes. Add the steamed eggplant, cook for another 5 minutes and then add the garlic.
Add wine and stock. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium- high and stir in tomatoes, parsley, thyme, marjoram and bay leaf. Reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for 10- 15 minutes.
Add beans and continue to cook uncovered until the vegetables are tender but not mushy and the liquid has thickened (about 5 minutes).
Remove from heat and stir in basil.
Sourced from: Patrick- Goudreau, Colleen. “Ratatouille with White Beans.” The Vegan Table.