Serves 2- 4
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions, both white and light green parts
- 1/3 cup light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons evaporated cane sugar
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs, plus 1/4 cup for coating
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2/3 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil or toasted sesame oil, for pan searing
In a food processor, combine the chickpeas and green onions. Pulse until well combined. Transfer to a large mixing boil.
Add the coconut milk, sugar, 2/3 cup of the breadcrumbs, curry powder, nutmeg, and cumin. Stir together until well combined. Stir in the brown rice and the salt.
Mold into 10 mini patties.
In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the cakes to the pan in batches and sauté until there’s a golden sear on each side.
Sourced from: Barnouin, Kim. “Curried Chickpea Cakes.” Skinny Bitch: Ultimate Everyday Cookbook.