Serves 4 | 25- 30 minute prep/cook
- 6 cups broccoli (can substitute spinach, mushrooms or any other vegetables you have)
- 8 ounces whole wheat fettuccine
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
Steam broccoli until tender and set aside. If using additional vegetables, cook them to desired doneness and set aside.
Cook fettuccine according to package.
Add cashews and water to blender. Process until smooth.
Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable broth in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the garlic. Add cashew mixture, miso, nutritional yeast, tahini and smoked paprika. Cook for 5- 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the noodles and vegetables to the sauce and serve.
Sourced from: Campbell, Leanne. “Fettuccine with Broccoli and Cashew Sauce.” The China Study Cookbook.