Serves 2-4 | 30 minute prep/cook
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium leek, sliced thinly (white and pale green parts)
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2- 3/4 cup uncooked lentils
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup almond or cashew butter
- 3/4 cup chopped chives
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat coconut oil in a pot. Add leeks and celery and cook for 5 minutes, until softened.
Add cauliflower, lentils and broth. Cover and cook until cauliflower is soft (15-20 minutes).
Add almond milk, almond/cashew butter and the white parts of the chives and warm through. (Optional) Blend soup in food processor until creamy.
Add green parts of chives to the soup and serve. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Sourced from a magazine I cannot find. Edited by me.